In writing Inspector34, I decided to use the
module and the corresponding
to parse HTTP requests and responses.
I discovered that
HTTP::Parser stores the protocol version
X-HTTP-Version pseudo-header field, which causes
LWP to treat the resulting
object as an HTTP/0.9 request (as it is required to do, since no
version is explicitly specified). That was certainly not what I wanted.
HTTP::Message provides a
method, it seemed sensible to use that instead of
X-HTTP-Version. I whipped up a
to do this (and correct a few documentation errors to boot).
I sent this patch to the author, but received no response. It is
preserved here for the record.